Monday, July 25, 2011

The Top 5 Things Keeping Us Crazy Busy This Summer

5. Coupons
4. Camping/ boating/ Swimming
3. Parks/Dance/Library
2. Class Reunion
1. Design to Sale


Coupons: This is my new addiction. I wouldn't call myself an extreme couponer yet ,but I do have a coupon binder and I got 20 boxes of cereal for free and actually made six dollars off the whole deal. When they say it's like a full time job they aren't kidding!

Camping: We went camping over the 4th and it was a blast! Hadley and Cienna slept with my mom in their trailer and thought it was the greatest thing ever! Cienna said, "we had a slumber party." They of course went to bed at midnight at the earliest and then woke up at 9 so we were tired. We went down to the Lake twice and yes, I actually could ski even with this extra ten pounds. I will say it was a little harder to get up though lol. The girls tubed and loved it!
Last weekend we took them swimming. My girls are fishies! Hadley went down the slide a million times and jumped off the diving board. Cienna wouldn't do it but wants to try next time we go. Cienna did start swimming with her life jacket on her own. This is a big deal for her because normally she just wants in her floaty.



Parks: We are officially the park hoppers! We go to the park every day for lunch and the girls love it! Cienna has had dance every week and wants to go more. I have been really impressed by how good the teachers are there. Hadley needed to be 2 and a half so I signed her up for fall classes and she can't wait. Every time we take Cienna she says,"Mommy I wanna Dance. Please Mommy. I wanna Dance." It would break my heart that I had to tell her she couldn't! We have made it to the library a few times and I think it's made their love for books even stronger, so that's great!



Class Reunion: This last weekend was my class reunion. We didn't have a great turn out but it was so fun to see the people that were there! Skyler did a great job of planning everything and was so thoughtful to set up this enormous bounce house at the picnic for the kids. The best part was it was big enough for the adults too. Lots of fun. At the dinner he gave away awards and well here are a few I think should have been given. There were only 7 girls in our whole class that came so we all deserve an award. Here they are:

Kristen Coon: The award for deciding to even come when she is 37 weeks pregnant, has a 1 year old, and came from Wyoming in the middle of 90 degree weather. I don't think I could have done that!

Erin Allen: We gave her the award for a six pack there and she so deserved it! She looked fabulous and she has had two kids! We wanted her secrets but she said she didn't have any.

Lindsey Childers: Seriously, some things never change! She gets the organization award. She has got to be the most organized person I know. She was the only one to remember her camera and took pictures the whole night. Thanks Lindsey for being so together.

Nichole Ward: She gets the award for being so tan! She looked great! She is naturally white like a lot of us but was dark like a Mexican. I am guessing her kids love to be outside.

Nycci Mesaros: She gets the comedian award. She had us laughing the entire night! She can tell a story like no one you have ever heard. Made for a fun night!

Kari Eisenhauer: She gets the award for being the most beautiful pregnant person you will ever meet. I need not say more other than BEAUTIFUL!

Chandra Mecham: I get the award for being late to everything. Did I mention some things never change lol!
Thanks girls for a fun night!!!

Here are a couple things we talked about.
Our kids of course. I am not sure what we used to talk about because that was the topic of night. We decided Jenni Hamond(sorry if I spelled this wrong) lives the farthest away and Kim Branch( Even though she was in the class above us) has the perfect husband, kids, blog, house, etc. Kim, if you read this we got on the subject of blogs and of course lead to you. Did I mention I have been meaning to call you to help me with this old form of blogger I have. It's not letting me upload pics. Stupid thing!!



Design to Sale: We are working on getting our house in order to sale. It's a lot of work but hopefully will pay off. My obsession with HGTV is making me sound like a Crazy person! I have been saying to Matt," Get this out of here, that's gotta go, too much crap in this room, etc. The new problem is the storage unit is already full and I wasn't done putting crap in it!! AWWW! Wish us luck. We are going into the next weekend with baby shower for Lacey(Justin's Wife) and yard sale.

I best be done with this post because Hadley just pulled the toilet paper from the bathroom to her room and then to the living room. Good thing I have Coupons for toilet paper. I am gonna need it.

7 comments:

  1. I would have loved to go to the class reunion but we are coming out in a few weeks for a family reunion. Glad you all had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um...noooo. No, no, noooo. As in hell no! My name and perfection should never be used in the same sentence. Even the same paragraph. In fact I'm sitting here trying to decide if I should take that as a compliment or if I'm being used as the punch line of somebodies joke and should spend the next week or so in hiding until the joke blows over.

    But call me anytime and we will figure out blogger for you. And are you guys moving towns or just changing houses?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chandra, Thanks for the award and for joining us at the reunion. It was wonderful to catch up in person and feel younger again:) Miss Kim, in no way were we making fun of you. We were just mentioning how we aspire to be like you. It was a compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, shut up you know you are fabulous when out of everyone we went to school with your name and perfection would come up. We got on the subjects of blogs your name and perfection got brought up and then again when we talked about houses and birthday parties. Kim, it is a huge compliment so take it and know the rest of us are striving to be like you! Oh and hopefully just to kimberly in a forever home. I don't want to move again after this lol

    Lindsey, it was fun to catch up and it did make me feel young again as well and for me I realized I am not as crazy as I feel at times lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I've got ya'll fooled. :) Thank you though for the compliment you're so sweet. Isn't Matt from Kimberly? I think that would be a great place to live. Maybe you and Breah will be neighbors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Matt is from kimberly and his work is on kimberly road so that side of town works well for us. Funny that the lots we like are 2 miles away from breahs. I guess we are used to living by eachother lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. That last paragraph in your post was perfect. More than almost anything Nate LOVES to unroll the toilet paper. The other day I had 2 brand new rolls sitting on the couch (that I meant to put in the bathroom cabinet but hadn't done yet) and I got a phone call for work. Jayci and Nate completely unrolled BOTH ROLLS. I rolled them back up because I wasn't about to throw it away. LOL. I always have to keep the bathroom doors shut or I go in to a mountain of TP on the floor from Nate entertaining himself.

    It was so fun to see everyone at our reunion! Thanks for the award, you are too kind. ;)

    ReplyDelete