Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Our Christmas

I don't have any pictures from Christmas yet because I still can't find my usb cable. I am losing a lot of things this pregnancy! Anyway, I just wanted to record a few things about our Christmas this year. Oh, but first I have to start with a classic Cienna from this morning. I told her that we needed to take down all the Christmas stuff today because Christmas was over and she said,"seriously Chandra we can only take down three because my body can't handle it today." She is sick the poor thing and all she wants to do is lay on the couch.
Back to our Christmas. Christmas was so exciting this year for both girls. Cienna was into writing her letter to Santa and counting down days. When she saw the movie Tangled she decided she wanted a tangled tower but didn't put it in her letter. She told her mom she had to go see Santa again to tell him so they did. Everyday for about a week she would say," I hope Santa doesn't forget that I told him about that tower." She got lots of castles and the tower and is a happy girl!

Hadley was so fun this year! She opened several presents the week before Christmas when I was in the bathroom or in the kitchen and the last week rearranged every ornament on the tree that she could reach. None of them are breakable because I always have kids around so it wasn't that big of a deal. When I finally told her she could open those presents she went crazy and ripped every piece of paper off every present under our tree. She got a doll house, a new baby and a crib, a princess tent, princess couch and lots of books, puzzles, flash cards and other smaller things. She didn't want to nap long or go to bed at night and when she wakes up in the morning and sees that the toys are still here she runs around from toy to toy in major excitement!

After we opened presents here we went to my parents house and that was where the craziness began. Hadley got a kitchen from my parents and was so excited about it that she wouldn't open any of her presents there. That kitchen has been her favorite Christmas present of all! Cienna opened every present and posed perfectly when ever we asked her to. Grandpa and Grandma Burke came so it was so good to get to see them! We ate a delicious turkey dinner, napped and had desert. It couldn't have been a better day! Thanks to our family for a wonderful Christmas!!

1 comment: