Monday, February 1, 2010

Our Journey to Hadley: Labor Day

Here I am in all my labor glory! My hair drove me crazy so at one point my sis put it on top of my head, literally!!




It was June 14, 2009 (my birthday) that I woke up at 8:00am with contractions. I had decided she was not going to come out ever! I had been having braxton Hicks for weeks and was dilated to 2 and 90% effaced. The night before I ate three plates of salad and six pieces of pizza and I am convinced this just had to be what finally put me into labor. I got out of bed at 10:00am after trying to ignore them to go back to sleep. I got in the bath and wow they got strong fast and within the hour were only a minute apart so I woke up Matt. I was having a hard time walking and was not sure why. Later on I would learn that this baby girl was posterior(face up) We got to the hospital at about 12:00pm and I was only dilated to a three. I was totally discouraged by this but by the end of the hour I had moved to a five so they didn't send me home.They broke my water at a nine and I got to start pushing I had an all natural labor with no epidural!A little after an hour of pushing our Hadley Kate Thompson was born at 7:37pm on my birthday!!!Daddy cut the cord and then they realized she had a little fluid in her lungs so she went to the nicu for 40 minutes. They brought her back to us and told us her lungs looked great and that she didn't really need to be in there. We were very grateful that she was healthy!!!!

5 comments:

  1. That would be the best birthday present ever! :) There is a good chance that our little guy could come on our 16th anniversary. That would be a great gift for that too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be so neat!! Especially since you waited a long time for him like we did for Hadley. Have you guys decided on what your babies name is going to be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How in the world were you able to do it naturally? After they broke my water, I was sure I was going to die!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linds I thought I was going to die also which I was glad I got to start pushing right after they broke my water!!

    ReplyDelete