Monday, January 25, 2010

Our Journey to Hadley: The day we found out

It was October 4, 2008 the day we found out I was pregnant. I took the pregnancy test at 6:00 am bright and early. It was the first digital test I had ever bought and believe me I had gone through a number of pregnancy tests so this one was the lucky one. When I saw the pregnant in the little window I blinked and looked at it again to make sure I wasn't dreaming or seeing things. When I realized I was pregnant I dropped to my knees and cried. I prayed that I would not miscarry now that I was given this gift. I was terrified it was going to be taken away. I immediately felt a peace come over me and then realized I needed to wake up Matt. Matt is a very hard person to wake up so I put the test in his hand and said,"LOOK!" He said ,"what, are you pregnant?" When I told him yes he flew up and said," SWEET!" Then of course when he woke up a little bit more he asked if I was kidding and I said, "no I am dead serious." I told him to look at the test in his hand.

I decided I couldn't wait to tell everyone so I invited all the family over for potato soup and started calling all my relatives that lived to far away that couldn't come. I thought everyone would figure that I was pregnant so we decided to tell a little white lie at first. We told all the family we were moving to Alaska and they freaked out in a bad way. Matt's dad about had another stroke, my Grandma started yelling at me, but my Mom never believed us. When we told them all we just kidding that I was pregnant everyone was shocked it happened only three months after seeing Vickie and were very excited for us. No one expected a thing and we didn't have to lie at all but that was just the way it went.

No comments:

Post a Comment